Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD) and Automation Industry Association (AIA) joined hands in May, 2017 to set up a center under auspices of Samarth Udyog - a project of the Ministry of Heavy Industries (MHI).
The center is called Foundation for Smart Manufacturing (FSM), and it helps supports and develops technologies for right understanding and implementation of concepts of smart manufacturing.
FSM is a demo-cum-experience facility in North India, vests in extensive skill building, MSME consultancy, multi-academia partnerships and research which will give a huge fillip to technology aided competitiveness of Indian manufacturing.
The project will imbibe technologies from Europe, Japan, USA and India. 'Producing Smarter' with Technologies. FSM has been launched specifically for implementation of smart manufacturing in India which it undertakes to do effectively by: Awareness Building, Prototyping, Simulation and testing Services, Consulting Services, Site Integration Services, Education and Training, Skills Certification, Job work and Research.
- Awareness campaigns on Industry 4.0
- Training for master trainers
- Active participation provisions for start-up / incubators
- Hand-holding of SMEs to plan and implement relevant Industry 4.0 projects to be done through consultancy services on a chargeable basis
- Collaborating with neighborhood universities for student training/internship programs
- Involving industry in SPV members model for sustainability
- Participating in a Government-formed platform for Industry 4.0
- To make adequate provisions for e-waste management
- Involving as many clusters of 'capital goods' as possible
A Word From The Co-Creators
Prof. Sunil Jha